Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I think that's Hungarian for 'rearing stallions'

It's not often the rural laptop gets out and remembers to blog about it afterwards (is that a sign of a good or a bad night out?!). But in London recently during the final - and expensive (£300 an hour for a colourist, ahem) - throes of our film Living with the Tudors I managed a couple of how shall we say, diverse, cultural experiences:

I liked the shortswearing Hungarian Agaskodo Teliverek so much at their Resonance FM fundraiser so much, I bought their CD. If "sounding something like a cross between Captain Beefheart, Public Enemy & Venetian Snares" sounds good you you can find the duo online here.


Asparagus, the opera, an art performance I went to with Jet, was altogether weirder. A packed venue of art vermin, men in bad costume, music (good) by (I think) Les georges leningrad - but I didn't get it. I met Jonathan Griffin afterwards, reviewing it for Frieze (poor guy) who confirmed my suspicions that it might be a reenactment of some kind but also seemed bemused. Looking for online links to offer you I fail to find anything, if it wasn't for this picture I took I'd begin to doubt my own sanity.

3 comments:

bobb dobbs said...

You can relive the insanity if you want to, it's over at SHOWstudio...

http://www.showstudio.com/projects/transmissions/transmission.php/20430

bobb dobbs said...

Oh, and you can also get a t-shirt for Agaskodo Teliverek at PostEverything here:

http://www.posteverything.com/artists/release.php?id=18174

Proving that my other projects are all only one more degree seperated from where you are.

Spooky, huh?

Viv said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.